Time Strategies

Time management is one of the most important things that a college student can learn/know going into college. Without it, assignments pile up and make your life a living hell. It's best to simply "eat the frog first" and get most of it over with during the early parts of the day. For me, that strategy has worked tremendously. I like getting up early and getting my studying done during the earlier parts of the day, since I usually don't want to do anything past 6:00pm. 

The schedule that I had set up for this class is definitely one that I can use during this semester. On MWF, my schedule is somewhat cleared up, so I'll be doing the majority of work during those days. I'll just need to set reminders to remind myself about what assignments I need to be doing during the day. Other time management strategies that I have learned/used these past 3 years are: try and get all of your work for the day done early, try and do at least 3 hours of work a day, and finally, if you have a test in a week, start studying (especially if it is a difficult class). Each of these strategies will work well with this class - it seems like (as of right now) I just need to put in the time to get a good grade. 

The "Psychology of Checklists" is definitely one that I like to see, since I've been told that checklists are a great way to de-stress over what you have left to do. By putting it all on paper, the insurmountable tasks that you were freaking out over just five minutes ago are now simply a few words on a page, that may not take as much effort as you previously thought. Chipping away at your list is a sort of catharsis, knowing that you have finished a task and deserve a break. 
"Student studying at the University of Oxford"
Photo taken by Toa Heftiba


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Andrew

Week 3 Story: Justice