Growth Mindset: Sharing the idea with my sister


This week I decided to share some of My Growth Mindset tips with my sister, who recently became a freshman at the University of Tulsa. She’s always been somewhat of the same person as I am/was, where I would obsess over getting “perfect” grades, constantly putting myself under pressure to do well. It’s things like this idea of being perfect that truly can add some extreme stress to your life at college. So with my sister, I explained to her a main idea of a growth mindset is to accept failure, using it as a motivator/learning tool to move forward. People fail. That’s just part of life – things aren’t always easy. While we can definitely feel bad about our mistakes, we can’t let them consume our life. She took this advice really well (she’s more laid back than I was) and has been doing well in her classes, with probably a tad bit less worrying. Grades are important, but learning from your bad grades is even more important in my opinion.



Success Inspirational Message Free Public Domain Cc0 Image
Image provided through Dreamstime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Andrew

Week 3 Story: Justice